Pasta…. you most likely have it lying around in your cupboards and its often your go to, last minute, I don’t have time to make anything complicated and I am starving, option for dinner. However it can be one of the most boring, mundane meals if you think having pasta means you can only have it with tomato sauce. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I had pasta with tomato sauce. There are so many other simple and delicious things you can do to pasta. This recipe is one I created because the items were simply, all that I had lying around my apartment. I also found at Whole Foods, these itty bitty little mozzarella balls that I thought would be perfect in a pasta dish like this!
1lb Pasta (What kind you ask? Whatever kind of pasta you want! I did GIANT elbows for this)
1 Small White Onion, diced
1/2 Jalapeno (no seeds!)
1/2 Cup Tiny Mozzarella
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
2-3 Sliced Scallions
2-3 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 Chopped Parsley
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
1/4 Cup Garlic Oil
1/4 Cup Roasted Garlic Cloves
1. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box!
2. While the pasta is cooking… In a medium-large sauce pan melt the butter and add the chopped onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium-high, until the onions start to become translucent.
3. Add the sliced garlic and cook for another minute.
4. Toss in the olive oil, whole roasted cloves of garlic, Parmesan, salt, pepper, scallions and parsley and stir.
5. Keep the sauce warm on low until the pasta is ready. Once ready, add the pasta to toss it with the sauce.
6. Before platting the pasta, add the mozzarella balls and red pepper flakes.