1/2 Pint Blackberries
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 TB Honey
1 TB Cornstarch
Pinch of salt
16oz Plain Greek Yogurt (I used full-fat plain Fage Greek Yogurt)
1 Cup Whole Milk
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1 TB Lemon Juice
3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract Nielsen-Massey Vanillas 8-oz. Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
An Ice Cream MachineCuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker
Container to Hold Said Ice Cream Tovolo Mini Sweet Treats Tubs – Set of 4
To Make the Blackberry Sauce:
1. In a small/medium sauce pan combine the blackberries, lemon juice, honey, cornstarch and salt on medium heat (if you do this on too high of a heat, the sauce will get too thick too fast).
2. Stir mixture consistently until it thickens( 1-3 minutes) and begins to boil (bubbles should pop throughout the mixture, but should not be heated to a rolling boil).
3. Remove sauce from heat and set aside to cool.
To Make the Frozen Yogurt:
1. In a large boil whisk together the whole milk, heavy cream, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla. Whisk until the granulated sugar dissolves.
2. Whisk in the Greek yogurt until smooth.
3. Pour mixture into your prepared ice cream container and churn per your Ice Cream Makers instructions.
4. Once the frozen yogurt base is churned to the proper consistency, pour mixture into a reserved bowl.
5. Pour blackberry sauce over frozen yogurt base and fold it into the base.
6. Serve immediately for a soft serve consistency or store in an airtight ice cream container for up to 1 month.