I used to make these 3 ingredient truffles all the time when I was a full time pastry chef. They are delicious and easy to make- which is exactly what you want when you have to make hundred of something!
1 Package Regular Oreos (you can use flavored oreos if you want, I recommend Mint!)
8oz Plain Cream Cheese
16oz Good Bittersweet or Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1. Bring the cream cheese to room temperature (if you don’t, you are going to have chunks of cream cheese rather than a nice smooth mixture).
2. In a large food processor, add your oreos and pulse a few times until finely ground. The oreos should have a consistency similar to sand.
3. Set aside about 1/8 cup of oreo crumbs for garnish.
4. Add the cream cheese and pulse until combined.
5. Refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes or until its easy to handle.
6. Using a 1oz ice cream scoop, scoop out balls of oreo dough. Once scooped, roll the balls of dough between your hands until nice and smooth.
7. Refrigerate truffles for about 30 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, over a double boiler, melt the Bittersweet chocolate.
9. Using a fork, coat the oreo truffles with melted chocolate. Carefully place the truffles onto a cookie tray lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle a little of the reserved oreo crumb on top of the truffle and set aside to harden.